6.24.2010

Up North

Well, not always ;) I was able to getaway for a few days to go up to the Lake. Liz joined me for a short, but enjoyable time away. We really did much of nothing, which usually is a perfect time. Combined with our eating and shopping motto, we did manage to read and relax, as well as work around the garden.

We made a trip to Mercer and that's where I shot the above sign, as well as the following. I am highly considering getting one to hang at work.

While watching Public Enemy, I thought we'd go to dinner at Little Bohemia. Unfortunately, it was closed for a private party. No worries! We ended up at my favorite restaurant: Ding-A-Ling Supper Club. We arrived early and the dining room wasn't open yet. So we sat at the bar with a cocktail and met some lovely people from Mercer. Hats off to Sherman for buying us a drink!

Dinner was fabulous...as always. I had to twist Liz's arm to get one of the famous after-dinner ice cream drinks: this evening, The Grasshopper, with vanilla ice cream and Crème de Menthe. Lush!


We did also cook at home including a fantastic pizza and BBQ pork sandwiches and of course sangria, sangria and yes, more sangria.


Can't wait to get back up! Even Bayou awaits the next trip.