8.16.2009

Sushi...in Minocqua? Fantastic!

The rain stopped to reveal an eerie, yet warming sun. The streets were crowded with shoppers and window browsers, including myself. I made my way to my favorite shops including Ann Marie's where she has exquisite pottery from England, Ireland, Italy, France and even Poland. Also, beautiful French tableware and decor and coffee and other yummy treats. Mom always asks, "did you go by Ann Marie's and see her beautiful garden?" It is quite lovely. And, I read in the Lakeland Times, that she is celebrating 20 years in business on August 18...congratulations Ann Marie's!

I walked through Gaslight Square and stopped in Ala Carte Gifts. In the past, have bought some really nice gifts here, including a unique wall wine rack. Then a stroll upstairs to the antiques store...no treasures here today.

The walk down Oneida Street would not be complete without stopping into Book World or Dan's Minocqua Fudge, where you can watch outside the workers making the fudge which draws you in. Inside not only will you find many varieties of fudge (mine is just the basic plain fudge), but buckets of hard candy, licorice and salt water taffy. If you fancy ice cream, just walk to the back. Although tempting, I resisted. Next time though. Also a new photo studio...Decades Photo, where they take old time Minocqua photos with gangster, bicycle built for two and many other back drops. Costumes on site. The place was packed!

Ready to head home, I noticed that there is a new sushi restaurant. Just opened in June, Kobe Sushi is two doors from Minocqua Fudge. Very friendly and they make a great Godzilla Roll, that I took home. Good luck Kobe Sushi, I'll be back!