There is something about early mornings at the Lake….peaceful, serene…perfect. The beginning of the day is always quite deceiving: thick fog hovers over the lake and shore, no sun in sight. However, after a strong pot of coffee is brewed is seems as though the fog burns off and dissipates wherever it came from, only to reveal bright blue skies and a warmth on your skin from the sun. The strong lake breeze conceals how hot it would be without it. Spent the day at the lake...what was I doing? Nothing.
I prepare a roast for dinner…nice salad, bread and a glass….or two…..of red wine….with the Lawrence Welk show on in the background, seem to bring back fond memories. Fresh peaches with cream…make the evening complete…of course with a good book and the sounds of the wind coming across the lake will make for a great sleep. Hoping for the same tomorrow, if not, that’s all right…I’m up North.