8.28.2007

Rhodes, Greece ~ August 28, 2007

Good Mornning Rhodes! Early we awoke this morning for a tour of the most important island in the South Sporades, also known as Dodecanese. Liz went up ahead for breakfast and I said I would meet her. However, when I arrived at the ship's Wheelhouse Bar, I looked out the window to see that we were still moving. We had yet to arrive in the port. So, I had time to join Liz for breakfast by the pool. It was extremely windy and choppy out, therefore, after about 1.5 hours of trying to access the port, our Captain regretfully reported that he would have to cancel the port of Rhodes. The port was small and the Emerald Princess is so massive, he was not confident in bringing her in. We were disappointed as we were to have a great tour of Rhodes' Old Town, as well as Mt. Philerimos. I did manage to get a picture from the ship of the island. So we relaxed on board, where we laid in the sun most of the day. I'll share with you some of the pictures we took on board.










Forward center of the Emerald Princess at night. This was a crystal clear evening with a full moon.







At night, the Calypso Pool on Deck 15 was transformed to a outdoor movie theatre called Movies Under the Stars complete with cushioned deck chairs, blankets and fresh, buttered popcorn. Liz and I watched Luciano Pavarotti the first night on the ship. We also watched 'Wild Hogs'. All throughout the day, there were movies, concerts and sporting events playing. It is a great concept!

Tonight, however, we saw a fantastic production entitled 'What a Swell Party' featuring the music of Cole Porter. After the show, we went out on deck to enjoy and make a wish on the full moon reflecting on the Sea of Greece.
Good Night from sea...tomorrow Kusadasi, Turkey.